Photo by Sandy Canetti – Ultiphotos.com
Major League Ultimate is looking to hire Event Coordinators in the following cities: New York, Boston, Portland, San Francisco, and Vancouver (CAN). This fast paced and thrilling position puts you smack in the center of game day excitement. Event Coordinators work closely with players, coaches, fans, and league staff while organizing and running all home games in their city. This position is ideal for an Ultimate fan who’s looking to help develop the sport as well as gain firsthand experience in sports management.
This is a seasonal, part time position that does require working weekends and some evenings.
As an Event Coordinator you will be expected to be at every home game ready to run the show. It is the Event Coordinator’s job to ensure the game runs smoothly and that fans stay engaged and entertained. There will be a detailed game day script Event Coordinators are expected to follow and preparations that must be made before each event.
Event Coordinators will be asked to work both independently and collaboratively with other game day staff, coaches, players and fans. A positive attitude and upbeat personality is ideal for this position as well as a hard worker and multitasker. Event Coordinators must be at all home games and willing to dedicate 10-15 hours a work week. All Event Coordinators report to Major League Ultimate’s Event Manager and will be trained.
– Prepare materials for every home game.
– Event Coordinators must be diligent to insure all sponsorship signs and field features remain visible during the game.
– Execute game day script and ensure all events and entertainment run smoothly.
– Hiring game day staff and National Anthem singer(s).
– Manage and oversee all volunteers, game day staff, and entertainment contractors on game day.
– Organize and prepare all volunteers, staff, and contractors for the event in accordance with the game day script.
– Must be 18 years or older
– Must hold be a high school graduate.
– Must have completed 1+ years of college/university.
– Must live in designated city or surrounding metropolitan area.
– Must have reliable method of transportation.
– Experience in event planning and or management.
– Customer service experience preferred.
– Knowledge of the sport of ultimate is preferred but not required.
If interested please send a letter of interest as well as a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org